Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District: ANSEP Acceleration High School Program
We expect to begin enrolling students soon, for spring 2017 classes. Students who submit a complete application will be contacted to schedule an Accuplacer Test held at Palmer High School on Saturday, December 10 at 10am or 1pm. For more information regarding the testing dates and school information, please visit http://www.matsuk12.us/Page/34445.
**Application Deadline: Open Until Filled for approx. 80-100 students. APPLY NOW**
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Mat-Su School Disctrict at: email@example.com or 907-746-9200
ANSEP at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-786-6362.
The ANSEP Acceleration High School Program is an innovative partnership between ANSEP and the Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District (MSBSD). It is a full time regular high school with the additional benefit that students who participate will have the opportunity to graduate from high school early with one year or more of college credits earned toward BA and BS degree programs. The high school will be located in Palmer, at the Valley Pathways School. MSBSD students will begin taking college courses the moment they begin high school, and will have the ability to accumulate college credits that apply towards many degree programs at the University of Alaska. The proposed course and schedule options will ensure that MSBSD students will be academically college-ready by the end of year three, while an optional fourth year will allow students to earn even more college credits.
The ANSEP Acceleration High School Program at MSBSD will:
- support students of all career interests;
- significantly improve college readiness by eliminating the need for remediation;
- produce high school graduates with up to a year of college credits earned for various degree programs;
- reduce the time to degree for college students;
- save families a year or more in college costs;
- save the State of Alaska millions of dollars in general fund support; and
- increase the economic opportunities for MSBSD students and their families.
Students will earn credits towards:
- BA Education (44 credits)
- BA Business Management (42 credits)
- BS Biological Sciences (55 credits)
- BS Civil Engineering (49 credits)
- BS Psychology (45 credits)
- BA Liberal Studies (45 credits)