Creating excitement and empowerment around careers in engineering and science.
ANSEP Pre-College components are the spark that illuminates a vision of a career in engineering or science for middle school and high school students. Each participating middle school student is expected to successfully complete algebra 1 before entering high school; while each high school student is expected to successfully complete chemistry, physics and trigonometry before graduating. ANSEP students are completing Calculus 1, 2, 3 and beyond before starting college as full-time freshmen. ANSEP Pre-College students are academically ready for university level engineering and science coursework when they arrive at the University and they are now arriving in unprecedented numbers. So far there are over 1,000 ANSEP students in middle school, high school, college and Alumni.
ANSEP Pre-College is a suite of components that start in middle school and extend through high school. Each component is designed to be fun, provide students with opportunities to do science and engineering, and inspire them to complete the math and science courses they will need to be successful when they arrive at the University.
Our goal for each Pre-College student is to:
- Do science and engineering and learn that it is fun.
- Understand STEM career opportunities
- Complete Algebra 1 before high school
- Complete biology, chemistry, physics, trigonometry, and Calculus 1 before high school graduation
- Participate in computer building and networking sessions
- Teach another student how to build a computer
- Develop a support group of university faculty and students
- Graduate with a B.S. in a STEM discipline
For more information and to APPLY, select the program you are interested in:
Middle School Academy - For current 5th, 6th and 7th graders
Computer Assembly - For all high school students
Acceleration Academy - For all high school students
Jump Start - For current high school students already involved in ANSEP
Summer Bridge - For high school seniors