Duration: 9 Weeks
Dorm Experience: Yes
The ANSEP Summer Bridge focuses on developing students academically, socially and professionally for college and careers. The Summer Bridge is a college and career visioning opportunity that’s geared toward students who are graduating high school this academic year. Summer Bridge students work a paid summer internship in the engineering, science, or business field with one of the ANSEP Strategic Partners. All costs associated with the program are covered by ANSEP. Students who successfully complete Summer Bridge are eligible for scholarship funding to attend the University of Alaska, the fall immediately following Summer Bridge.
The ANSEP Summer Bridge component will be held at the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), in Anchorage, AK. Internships will be based in Anchorage, with some internships taking students all across Alaska, from rural campsites to communities.
Students graduating high school this academic year can apply. Please indicate on your application that you graduating high school early. Keep in mind that some of our partner companies who host interns, have age limit requirements for their employees.
How to Apply
The ANSEP 2022 Summer Bridge application period is closed.
STEP 1: Take the ALEKS Math Placement Test
You do NOT need to take the ALEKS Math Placement Test if you have:
a) Successfully completed MATH 105 – Intermediate Algebra with w C grade or higher through a University of Alaska campus within last year (UAA, UAF, or UAS) or;
b) Scored a 30 or higher on the ALEKS Math Placement test in July 2021 or later
If you have completed any of the above, you may proceed to STEP 2.
Option 1 (RECOMMENDED) – Apply for admission to UAA and take the ALEKS test:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ADMISSION APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITY AT LEAST 5 DAYS PRIOR TO THE APPLICATION DEADLINE
UA may require 3-5 business days to register student IDs which are required for the ALEKs placement test.
Prior to submitting your Summer Bridge application, please complete the ALEKS Math Placement test.
Option 2 (ALTERNATE Method) – McGraw Hill ALEKS Website
Note: Only use this method if you have technical difficulties with using the RECOMMENDED method above.
- Go to www.aleks.com
- Select “SIGN UP NOW!”
- Enter class code: CUA3E-GJGKD and Select “Continue”
- Complete student registration and student survey
- Complete Placement Assessment (Time Limit: 72 hours)
- Note: A student may re-take the assessment up to 5 times
- Print or save a copy of Placement Assessment and include with your application packet
STEP 2: Submit an application
Option 1 – Submit an Online Application
- Have ALL the following documents ready for upload BEFORE you begin the online application process:
- ALEKS math placement score (PDF document)
- Official transcript (request electronically or complete a PDF records request form)
- 500-word essay describing the following:
- Why you are ready to be successful in college courses
- How do you plan to contribute to the future of Alaska?
- Recommendation Form for teachers and counselors to complete.
- Submit the ANSEP 2022 Summer Bridge application before the January 7, 2022 deadline.
Option 2 – Printed Application Packet
Complete the full application packet for mail-in or delivery before Friday, January 7, 2022.
MAIL APPLICATION TO:
ANSEP Summer Bridge
3211 Providence Dr, Acceleration Building
Anchorage, AK 99508
Questions? Contact us at